The 13th Meeting of Partners (MoP) of the Congo Basin Forests Partnership (CBFP) will take place in Libreville from December 2-4, 2013
The CBFP Facilitation is pleased to inform you that the 13th CBFP Meeting of Partners (MoP) will be held in Libreville at Okoume Palace Hotel, from December 2 to 4, 2013, with a focus on “Forest Livelihoods and Economic Opportunities for Conservation in Central Africa”. It will be organized with the financial support of the United States and Dutch Governments, as well as the ITTO. We hope you may attend this meeting, which shall also mark the launch of the State of the Forests 2012 and the Congo Basin Communicators Network.
The agenda will focus on the following thematic areas:
- December 2, 2013 will be devoted to interactive discussions on “Forest Livelihoods and Economic Alternatives.” Keynote presentations will be enhanced by discussions on economic opportunities supporting forest conservation with a special emphasis on regional innovation and an in-depth look at successful development projects benefitting communities and forest ecosystems.
- December 3 – Business of the 13th Meeting of CBFP Partners (MoP) with sessions on: (i) Emerging Threats – mobilizing partners to combat wildlife trafficking in Africa through strategic governance actions (ii) Partnership perspectives and a strategic revision of the Plan de Convergence (iii) a presentation of the Horizon of New Initiatives by CBFP Partners.
- Two open marketplace sessions will highlight innovative ideas and successful programs of CBFP partners are scheduled respectively on December 2 and 3, 2013. A summary of themes will be circulated in coming weeks. Plenary sessions summarizing deliberations will be open to participation by all partners.
- An optional evaluation session will evaluate and chart a course for the next partners’ meeting, and shall take place on December 4, 2013 in the morning. Please contact the U.S. Facilitation team if you would like to take part in this session.
For your information:
- 04 - 05 December 2013 –The MoP shall be followed by (1) a workshop of scientific research institutes: “Research on forest ecosystems in the COMIFAC zone” and (2) a meeting of the FORAFAMA project on REDD+ in forest concessions.Further information relating thereto will follow in subsequent correspondence.
The agenda and venue of the meeting will be announced in due course.
N.B. Participation fees shall be borne by participants.
Best regards from the Facilitation Team
Matthew V. Cassetta
Facilitator, Congo Basin Forest Partnership
U.S. Department of State
Please download the draft agenda below:
|< March 2016||April 2016||May 2016 >|