AFD-Portal for satellite remote sensing of the Congo Basin forests
The development agency AFD, is funding the supply by Airbus of SPOT satellite imagery to nations in Central Africa in order to ready them for the future REDD+ mechanism.
The Project, named OSFT, is lead by IGNFI.For this project we provide for free Spot Imageries and for Cameroon and RCA Forestry base map, to all beneficiaries having a project which meets REDD+ eligibility criteria, i.e. it covers:
- Reduction of emissions due to deforestation
- Reduction of emissions due to forest degradation
- Conservation of forest carbon stocks
- Sustainable forest management
- Enhancement of forest carbon stocks
The project has first to be submitted: Here
then it will be approved by us (IGNFI) or the country concerned by the project.
To know more about the project: consult here
In the context of this project a movie was realized:
6min : here
25min : Here