MOP 30 adopts 21 decisions on, among others: key issues relating to the January 2019 entry into force of the Kigali Amendment on hydrofluorocarbons (HFC)
Please download the document below:
The thirtieth Meeting of Parties to the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer (MOP 30) was held from 5 to 9 November 2018 in Quito, Equator. The MOP 30 drew over 500 delegates including 144 delegates of Parties to the Protocol, members of technical advisory bodies on the Protocol, as well as representatives of United Nations agencies and programs, regional organizations, industry and non-governmental organizations (NGO).
The MOP 30 adopted 21 decisions on, among others: key issues relating to the January 2019 entry into force of the Kigali Amendment on hydrofluorocarbons (HFC), namely:
- Data reporting, including a timeline and revised reporting forms, ways to report mixtures and blends and setting global warming potential values (GWP) for HCFC-123, HCFC-124, HCFC-141 and HCFC-142;
- The approved destruction technologies to be used for HFCs;
- The Multilateral Fund (MLF) Executive Committee’s (Ex-Com) progress in developing guidelines for funding the HFC phase-down; and
- Access of Article 5 Parties to energy-efficient technologies in the refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump (RACHP) industries.
Other decisions were taken on:
- The future availability of halons and their alternatives, especially in sectors such as civil aviation;
- Requests for critical-use exemptions for methyl bromide for 2019 and 2020;
- The development and availability of laboratory and analytical procedures that can be performed without resorting to substances controlled under the Protocol;
- A proposal to allow essential-use exemptions for hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) designed for specific uses by certain Parties;
- Recently detected unexpected emissions of CFC-11;
- A review of the work and recommended decisions of the Implementation Committee (Imp-Com); and
- A review of the terms of reference, composition and balance of the scientific and technical advisory bodies.
For more Information, please consult the following PDF Documents:
High-level working luncheon between Heads of EU Diplomatic Missions in Equatorial Guinea and Minister of State François-Xavier de Donnea, Belgian Facilitator of the Congo Basin Forest Partnership
Read more … High-level working luncheon between Heads of EU Diplomatic Missions in Equatorial Guinea and Minister of State François-Xavier de Donnea, Belgian Facilitator of the Congo Basin Forest Partnership