FAO #LoveForests: IDF 2017 video campaign
Post a video from your local forest for the International Day of Forests!
Forests are nature’s powerhouse! They are the largest source of renewable energy in the world, providing people with wood fuel to heat homes, cook meals and boil water. But they also energize people in other ways – for example by providing forest foods like berries and mushrooms – or even recharging people’s spirits by providing a place for recreation, peace and inspiration.
To celebrate the International Day of Forests on 21 March and this year’s theme, Forests and energy, we’re asking you to get out into your local forest – or park, if you live in a city – and make a short video of yourself (or with your friends) telling us how the forest energizes you. Feel free to use a smartphone or any other video device – you don’t have to use professional equipment!
In the video be sure to tell us:
- Where you are (name of the forest and country)
- In one sentence, how the forest energizes you (make sure it's sustainable!)
- Remember to wish everyone a Happy International Day of Forests!
Please keep the video to just 30 seconds, and feel free to use your native language!
Once you have made your video, all you have to do is:
- Upload your video to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube
- In the text of your post, include
- where you recorded the video
- the hashtags #LoveForests #IntlForestDay
- 21 March - the date of the International Day of Forests
- If you’re using Twitter, please tag @FAOForestry. E.g.: “Mau Forest, Kenya - #LoveForests #IntlForestDay 21 March @FAOForestry”
- Post any time before 21 March!
Remember that your social media account should be public if you want us to see the video.
We will repost our favourites via the @FAOForestry Twitter account, and on the International Day of Forests on 21 March, the best videos will be featured on the FAO website and on FAO social media channels including @FAOForestry, @FAOKnowledge, FAO Facebook and FAO Instagram!
For more Information, please check: HERE