The 15th Meeting of Partners (MoP) of the Congo Basin Forests Partnership (CBFP) will take place in Yaounde, Cameroon - from June 17-19, 2015 alongside related meetings
The CBFP Facilitation is pleased to inform you that the 15th CBFP Meeting of Partners (MoP) will hold in Yaoundé, Republic of Cameroun, from June 17 to 19, 2015, under the theme “Congo Basin Ecosystems: a source of natural capital, producer of economic value and driver of green growth for the well being of its people”. It will be organized with financial support from the governments of Norway, the United States, Germany, France and the technical support of IUCN.
We would be honored by your presence at the meeting which will also feature andhost the Central Africa Protected Areas Days (CONGO Basin Parks Congress); the Civic Society Training Sessions, the Revitalization of the Organization for the conservation of wildlife in Africa (OCFSA) and the Sangha Tri-National (TNS), Trinational Dja-Odzala-Minkébé (TRIDOM) as well as the polishing of the 2013 State of the Forests Report (OFAC).
Since this will be the last Meeting of Partners (MOP) of CBFP under US Facilitation, the organizers are calling for wide participation of CBFP partners and supporters from all sectors and particularly minorities, women, youth and the private sector. The Conference will play a pivotal role in defining policy, priority action areas and setting an implementation roadmap for current pressing issues.
Welcome in Yaoundé (Cameroon) to the 15th Meeting of Partners (MOP) of the Congo Basin Forest Partnership
Content of the 15th CBFP Partners Meeting
Day of June 17th
- June 17, 2015 from 9 a.m. : Strategic Meeting of CBFP partners - Donor Partners, members of the CBFP Facilitation’s Advisory Board and representatives of CBFP colleges... Organized by the US CBFP Facilitation.
- June 17, 2015: Opening ceremony and cultural event of the 15th Meeting of CBFP Partners... Organized by the US CBFP Facilitation and the Cameroon Government
June 18 to 19, 2015: 15th CBFP Meeting of Partners - Organized by the US CBFP Facilitation
Day of June 18, 2015 - Parallel Thematic Sessions / Stream (an entire day)
- Thematic Session - Stream 1 - Ecosystem services and human well-being - Leader: Academic Consortium of CBFP partners and CIRAD
- Thematic Session - Stream 2: Conservation, Wildlife and Bushmeat – Leader : AWF - CIFOR, WCS, GVTC, WWF, USA, EU, Germany This thematic session will start exceptionally on June 17, 2015
- Thematic Session - Stream 3: Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Land Use Dynamics Leader: EU, EFI, Germany, FLEGT ECCAS Unit and COMIFAC Governance WG, Rainforest Alliance, FSC, PEFC, PPECF, CBP, ATIBT, ITTO, CIRAD, CIFOR, WWF - This thematic session will start exceptionally on June 17, 2015
- Thematic Session - Stream 4 - Climate and REDD +: On the way to Paris: Opportunities and Challenges for Central Africa - Leader: USFS – France, World Bank, CIFOR, GT climate COMIFAC, FAO-MRV, Rainforest Alliance, CIRAD ... This thematic session will start exceptionally on June 16, 2015 – By Invitation only
- Thematic Session - Stream 5: Sustainable and green development / growth (e) - Leader: ITTA - FAO / Project NTFPs, ICRAF, ECCAS, Germany, RAFM
- Thematic Session - Stream 6 - Sustainable Financing - Leader: ADB / CBFF - World Bank, UNEP, GEF, GCF, FTNS, COFFEE / CFA, AWF, PPP
The conclusions, recommendations from each thematic session will be presented in plenary session on June 18 for adoption.
Day of June 19, 2015 - Plenary sessions chaired by the COMIFAC Ministers
The Plenary will be structured around six thematic sessions resulting from Stream of June 17th. Each session will be chaired by a COMIFAC’s Minister collaboratively with the concerned stream’s Leader - Subject to confirmation (tentative):
- Plenary Session 1 - Ecosystem services and human well-being – Presidency: H.E. Ir Jean Claude NDUWAYO, Minister of Water Resources, Environment, Urban and Spatial Planning of the Republic of Burundi, current Chairman of COMIFAC, Burundi
- Plenary Session 2: Conservation, Wildlife and Bushmeat – Presidency: H.E. Henri Djombo, Minister of Forest Economy and Sustainable Development, Republic of Congo
- Plenary Session 3: Governance and Land Use Dynamics - Presidency: H.E. Nelson MESSONE, Minister of Forests and Water, Gabon
- Plenary Session 4 - Climate and REDD +: On the way to Paris: Opportunities and Challenges for Central Africa – Presidency: H.E. Bienvenu LIYOTA NDJOLI, Minister of Environment and Sustainable Development, DRC
- Plenary Session 5: Sustainable and green development / growth (e) – Presidency: H.E. Hon. Dr Vincent BIRUTA, Minister of Natural Resources, Rwanda
- Thematic Session - Stream 6 - Sustainable Financing – Presidency: NGOLE Philip NGWESE, Minister of Forests and Fauna, Cameroon
Content of the Related Meetings
- From June 11 to 12, 2015 - Workshop Sub-Regional Memorandum of Understanding on consensual validation plan to integrate cross-border migration corridors elephants on national plans for allocating TRIDOM land - Organized by UNOPS, COMIFAC – Key Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 15 to 16, 2015: Fifth Central African Protected Areas Days - 1st Central African Parks Congress - Organized by RAPAC and COMIFAC in collaboration with the US CBFP Facilitation
The Central African Protected Areas Days will be held under the theme "Governance and management of protected areas: Inspiring, innovative and sustainable solutions." The meeting will focus on Social and Environmental Responsibility, bringing a fresh perspective to Protected Area governance and management and charting the way forward. In terms of methodology, the meeting format is built around plenary sessions and side events, the Polishing (State of Protected Areas (EDAP) 2015), exhibition & sales stands, signing of the Eco-Responsible board, award of the 360°+ prize and several other distinctions including those to be awarded to eco-guards and conservationists. Key Contact : email@example.com
- From 15 to 16 June 2015: Experts Meeting of the Organization for the conservation of wildlife in Africa (OCFSA) as part of its revamp process on the sidelines - Organized by the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife of Cameroon (MINFOF), COMIFAC – For more Information: Mrs. Victoire Eheth (firstname.lastname@example.org) et Mr. Chouaibou Nchoutpouen ( email@example.com)
- From 16 to 17 June 2015: Experts Meeting of the Sangha Tri-National (TNS) and TRIDOM - Organized by the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife of Cameroon (MINFOF), COMIFAC, UNOPS, FTNS – For more Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, BourgesD@unops.org, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- From June 16 to 18 2015: Civic Society Trainings Session - Organized by the US Facilitation, IUCN and GIZ - for more: email@example.com and Rosette.MBENDA@iucn.org
- June 17, 2015: Ministerial Session (“behind closed doors”) of OCFSA. Organized by the Ministry of Forestry and Fauna of Cameroon (MINFOF), COMIFAC - For more Information: Mrs. Victoire Eheth (firstname.lastname@example.org) et Mr. Chouaibou Nchoutpouen ( email@example.com)
- June 18, 2015: Ministerial Session (behind closed doors) of TNS and TRIDOM. Organized by the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife of Cameroon (MINFOF), COMIFAC, UNOPS, FTNS - For more Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, BourgesD@unops.org, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- June 8 to 12, 2015 (TBC): Proposed capacity building seminar "International negotiations and economic instruments for climate change mitigation" - Organized by CIRAD and the University of Yaounde 2 (subject to confirmation) and the Paul Ango Ela Foundation of Geopolitics in Central Africa (FPAE). Person of Contact: email@example.com
- Alongside CBFP Meeting (TBC): a sub-regional workshop on cooperation between parliamentarians and civil society on forest governance in the Congo Basin - Organized by EUCFPR Project and REPAR - Person of Contact: A.Mbzibain2@wlv.ac.uk
We look forward to welcoming you in Yaoundé, Cameroon!
The agenda and venue of the meeting will be announced in due course.
Furthermore, participants wishing to organize side events at the 15th Meeting of CBFP Partners should kindly indicate as soon as possible.
Best regards from the CBFP Facilitation Team,
1. Participation fees shall be borne by the participant.
2. Registration will open April 13th and will close no later than 30 April 2015.
3. After capacity is reached, registrations will be ranked on a waiting list until space becomes available.
With Very best Regards of the US CBFP Facilitation
Huge turnout of CBFP members in Shanghai, China: Minister of State and CBFP Facilitator François-Xavier de Donnea strengthens dialogue between Congo Basin and key Chinese actors of the Forestry-timber sector
Read more … Huge turnout of CBFP members in Shanghai, China: Minister of State and CBFP Facilitator François-Xavier de Donnea strengthens dialogue between Congo Basin and key Chinese actors of the Forestry-timber sector