Final press release of the GIZ-COMIFAC Brazzaville Workshop: Participants prepare draft operational matrices of the two pilot initiatives to be implemented in the TNS landscape.
Please download the final press release below:
A consultation workshop was held on 15 and 16 July 2019 in Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo, on the implementation of pilot initiatives of the Sangha ri-National (TNS) to support of the Regional GIZ COMIFAC Support Project for Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities (PACL) in Central Africa.
Hosted by the Central African Forest Commission (COMIFAC) with the technical and financial support of the German Cooperation through the GIZ Regional Project to Support COMIFAC, the workshop objective was to launch consultations on the implementation of the pilot initiatives validated by COMIFAC and REPALEAC.
The participants came up with following resolutions and recommendations at the end of the deliberations:
- With regards to the operational planning of the two pilot initiatives to be implemented in the TNS landscape, the participants:
- Developed the draft operational matrices.
- Regarding selection criteria for actors who will implement the pilot initiatives at local level, the participants agreed that they should be:
- Actors who support the IPLC in similar initiatives in the TNS landscape;
- Actors who are well regarded and enjoy some legitimacy on the ground (TNS);
- Actors with proven expertise on the topics addressed in the pilot initiatives;
- Actors from institutions with the capacity to discuss the topics with politicians and the decision makers and who are present on the sites.
For further information, please download the final press release below: