Traffic-Winners of Wildlife Crime Tech Challenge announced
Launched in 2014, the Wildlife Crime Tech Challenge is finding new, innovative solutions to the most intractable issues in the fight against wildlife trafficking. The program represents one component of USAID’s efforts to support the National Strategy for Combating Wildlife Trafficking.
The Prize Winners announced are:
- Binomial Solutions Private Limited (India): “e-Eye ® (Electronic Eye): Real-time Anti-Poaching, Surveillance & Wildlife Tracking System.”
- Bosque Antiguo (Mexico): “High Throughput STRs and Sequence Genotyping as Forensic Tools for Species Protection”.
- For the Fishes (U.S.): “Tank Watch--The Good Fish/Bad Fish Tool for Saltwater Aquariums.”
- Jennifer Jacquet (U.S.): “Enforcement Gaps Interface.”
- Kalev Hannes Leetaru (U.S.): “A Real-time Global Platform for Mapping, Forecasting, and Network Assessment of Wildlife Crime.”
- Mars Omega Partnership Ltd (U.K.):“The JIGZAW Information Collaboration Project.”
- National Whistleblowers Center (U.S.): “Secured Internet Wildlife Crime Reporting System.”
- New England Aquarium (U.S.): “Live Digital Invoices for Real Time Data Analytics to Enhance Detection of Illegal Wildlife Trade.”…
For more Information, please check: HERE