COMIFAC Council of Ministers adopts COMIFAC Convergence Plan 2015-2025
In light of the emergence of certain themes in recent decades, namely REDD +, Gender Equality Women - Men, as well as the ratification of conventions, treaties and agreements to which the COMIFAC countries have adhered, there was a pressing need to revise the COMIFAC Convergence Plan 2005 to incorporate new guidelines that are relevant to these themes.
The new Convergence Plan review is the result of a multi-stakeholder process led by a team of multidisciplinary experts.
The new convergence plan is divided into six (6) priority areas of intervention namely:
- Harmonization of forestry and environmental policies;
- Sustainable management and development of forest resources;
- Conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity;
- The fight against climate change and desertification;
- Socio-economic development and multi-stakeholder involvement;
- Sustainable funding.
The plan also includes three (3) cross-cutting areas namely:
• Training and capacity building;
• Research and development;
• Communication, awareness, information and education.
Actions to be conducted within the framework of this Convergence Plan, fall in line with the implementation of international instruments and comply with certain fundamental values.
For more information on the content of the convergence plan, its chain of results and indicators, please download the following documents: