THIRD EXTRAORDINARY SESSION OF THE MEETING OF THE PARTIES (MOP 3) TO THE PROTOCOL ON WATER AND HEALTH: SPECIAL SESSION ON EQUITABLE ACCESS TO DRINKING WATER AND SANITATION
The third session of the Meeting of Parties (MOP 3) to the Protocol on Water and Health of the UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) on the Protection and Use of Transboundary Watercourses and International Lakes (Water Convention) was held from 25 to 27 November 2013 in Oslo, Norway.
Organized jointly by UNECE and the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office for Europe, the session was attended by representatives and observers from member governments, civil society, academia and international and regional organizations. During the special session, participants focused on:
- the status of implementation of the Protocol on water and health,
- a report on past activities and future activities planned in various areas of work, including target setting and reporting, monitoring and early warning systems,
- the project facilitation mechanism,
- the compliance procedure,
- promotion of the Protocol and advocacy,
- raising public awareness,
- equitable access, capacity building and experience sharing,
- the protocol and global processes, initiatives,
- the Work Programme 2014-2016,
- terms of reference bodies established to implement it and resources required for its implementation,
- cooperation partners and other business.
Further details on the meeting may be accessed here