Towards better management of the Congo’s genetic resources and traditional knowledge
Held at the Mickhael’s hotel in the Republic of the Congo from 3 to 5 September 2019, the workshop’s overall aim was to conduct the operational planning of the PI (Pilot Initiative) and define implementation conditions.
The following recommendations were put to the following institutions and bodies:
- To the Ministry of Research Institutions:
- Purchase a server to ensure better management of the database of genetic resources;
- Create framework conditions to strengthen cooperation between research institutions
To the Researchers’ Platform:
- Integrate the ABS CH focal points and legal experts within the platform;
- Complete the operational matrices for the PI;
To COMFAC. Speed up the next steps in the implementation of the Pilot Initiative.