Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime:
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge. Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
For our country programme office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed Junior Accountant to contribute to the goal of its Jengi TNS Programme.
Programme Accountant Jengi TNS
WWF CCPO Jengi Southeast Forest (JSEF)- Lobeke TNS Component
Mission of the Department:
In a spirit of excellence, integrity, and dedication, the Finance Department is committed to providing timely, accurate, clear and complete information, and support for Conservation Department’s overall goals to be achieved by the Cameroon Country Programme Office (CCPO) and ROA Unit at large.
Employees in this job correct, process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, programme billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; prepare bank signatory updates, prepares consultant contracts and grants, compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records. Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and the Oracle accounting system.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements;
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems;
- Determine content and assemble data in order to prepare monthly reports for review;
- File and/or remove records and reports;
- Assist in the timely closing of monthly account by ensuring cash management, Accounts payable and General Ledger data is up to date
- Perform assigned roles in the different tools (AP, GL, AGIS, Oracle, Bridger, GFS, Panda Pays, etc.);
- Assist in preparing cost recovery journals;
- Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the field site primarily;
- Prepare bank reconciliations and conduct analysis of general ledger accounts manually and in the Oracle system;
- Maintain proper control over various financial records such as commitments and expenditures against budgeted amounts; initiate actions related to the following: general financial information, travel payments, and procurement transactions;
- Process logistics files such as, participate in inventories, check fuel allocation operations and follow up on rotating stocks, etc.
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates from residents of Lobeke (Mouloundou, Salapoumbé, Mambelé...) are strongly encouraged to apply.
What you need:
- Degree in Accounting/finance or a related filed and a professional accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) is required;
- At least two (2) years of progressively responsible professional experience in financial accounting, preferably in an international environment (NGO or Company);
- Experience working with government and donors;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly advanced level in MS excel is required; Experience in using ERP system is highly desirable
Required Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems. Knowledge of Oracle would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software;
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filing systems;
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes;
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts;
- Ability to manage contracts and update bank signatories
- Ability to assist others in solving work problems;
- High ethics and a personal commitment to transparency and accountability;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Courage, Respect, Integrity and Collaboration
How to apply?
- Apply through the Link: https://cameroon.panda.org/apply_to_a_job/apply_to_a_job/ with a computer (Please do
not use a mobile phone)
- Or submit their applications to the various WWF offices in Ngoyla, Mambele, Yokadouma, Campo and Limbe
Deadline for applications: 08th April 2022.
Please download the document below: