We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced individual to lead the BirdLife Africa’s Forest Programme across the Region. They will lead on enabling and mobilising funding for forest conservation in the region, provide oversight and expertise for effective delivery of the BirdLife Africa Forest Programme portfolio of projects, in particular ensuring implementation of the Guinean Forests of Africa’s Forest conservation strategy, but also the development of the forest restoration and the forest carbon portfolio of projects in the region.
Application deadline: Monday, 15 May 2023 – 12:00AM GMT
Nairobi, Kenya (Regional Office) or Dakar, Senegal (Sub-Regional Office)
Leadership and coordination of BirdLife Africa Forest Conservation Programme:
- Lead roll-out of the BirdLife Forest Conservation Strategies in the GFWA.
- Lead development and implementation of a Forest Flagship Initiative for Africa.
- Establish a community of Practice for Forest Conservation work in Africa.
- Strengthen links with other BirdLife Africa initiatives and Partners elsewhere in Africa.
- Explore options for sustainable financing mechanisms for long-term management of priority forest landscapes.
- In coordination with the Global Forest Team, lead the BirdLife Forest Landscape Accelerator Programme in Africa.
Management and development of forest conservation projects:
- Provide strategic oversight and guidance for ongoing forest projects and collaborative work, ensure clarity of roles, responsibilities, and functions between BirdLife and Partners, and maintain good working relationships.
- Supervise effective management of existing portfolio of forest conservation projects and ensure timely delivery of high-quality reports and other project deliverables.
- Based on the list of priority landscapes identified in the Region, develop new forest conservation projects as per need to cover priority conservation gaps, and/or co-finance existing ones.
Find out more....