BirdLife is seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced individual to manage BirdLife International projects portfolio implemented in the Guinean Forests of West Africa Hotspot.
Dakar, Senegal (West Africa Sub-Regional Office)
Application deadline: 15th May 2023 – 12 am GMT
Ensure successful delivery of forest conservation projects in the Guinean Forests of West Africa biodiversity hotspot:
- Ensure good implementation and launching/closing of projects, providing effective co-ordination of the projects and management of their inter-dependencies.
- Coordinate write-up of timely, high-quality reports and other deliverables with project partners and consultants, in line with donors’ requirements.
- Provide guidance, technical & organizational support to projects team members, partners, and consultants and strategic support to civil society and government institutions in the GFWA; toward delivering programme expected outcomes and impacts.
Cultivate strategic relations to leverage opportunities:
- Identify key stakeholders to build strategic partnerships with.
- Coordinate integration of BirdLife’s projects in the conservation of Forest, Biodiversity & PAs landscapes of the countries supported.
- Explore synergies with other conservation actions in the GFWA.
- Foster collaborations that will enhance project delivery and visibility.
- Support the Africa Forest Coordinator in projects development and fundraising efforts, and expand, BirdLife’s conservation activities in the GFWA based on the Forest Conservation strategy.
Find out more...