For its country program office in Cameroon, WWF is seeking 2 dynamic and committed business and industry interns to support the rollout of two project activities in the landscapes. Deadline for receipt of applications: March 19, 2022.
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth?
Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime: All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable
For our country programme office in Cameroon, we are looking for 2 dynamic and committed Business and Industries interns who will provide support to support the rollout of the two project activities in the landscapes.
Duration: 3 Months (From 1st April 2022)
Mission of the department
The "Green Commodity Landscape Programme" is part of WWF's ongoing efforts to promote sustainable cocoa production, forest protection and create new economic activities for communities in two geographical areas in Cameroon. Other agro-commodities such as, rubber, oil palm, banana, etc. will also be included in the program.
The aim of the program within these landscapes is to develop plans, in collaboration with communities, local authorities and companies, on the production of agricultural products that can improve the income of farmers and their families, while contributing to forest protection. Forest protection is an important part of the program.
The forest remains pivotal to people’s lives: forest disappearance will lead to climate change and decreased soil fertility resulting from erosion. The end effect of this is decreased agricultural yields and more droughts. The aim of the program includes; organization of farmers, training, support to improve the quality of cocoa, support to forest protection activities etc. The “Mobilising More for Climate” programme’s main objective is to develop thriving economic green zones that benefit everyone, in various ways:
- Connect entrepreneurs, SMEs and smallholder cooperatives with companies, investors, policymakers
- Support green and inclusive business propositions with local ownership
- Redirect investment flows to sustainable, climate-resilient landscape initiatives
- Embed climate resilience and social equity in economic development
The interns will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and reporting of project activities
- Contribute to the constitution of the local client portfolio and to their connection with the producers of
- sustainable commodities in the WWF landscapes.
- Ensure all management tasks, and in particular the material organization of meetings
What you need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in the field of Agribusiness, sales & marketing, Business Management, or related field
- Suitable for rural life
- Understanding of forest and wildlife policy, and natural resource management principles
- Excellent people, diplomacy, and conflict resolution skills to handle complex and highly sensitive multi- stakeholder situations
- Strong communication skills
- The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Se Proficiency in French or English
- Quick thinking; capability of reacting under pressure
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Respect, Courage, Integrity & Collaboration.
Please download the document below: