WWF - DRC is seeking an experienced and qualified Landscape Program Manager who will oversee the implementation of multiple active programmes in the Greater Virunga and Itombwe landscapes within a regional context; line-manage project managers, as well as the finance and operations manager. Interested candidates should email a cover letter (with at least 3 references) and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with the mention: - Virunga Landscape Program Manager by June, 17 2021.
TRAFFIC - Data Support Officer- OES
Unit: TRAFFIC Europe
Organisation: TRAFFIC International (TRAFFIC)
Location: TRAFFIC - Europe (Brussels), Brussels, Belgium
Reporting to: Programme Office Director- Europe
Work percentage: 100%
Expected start date: 01 February 2022
Type of contract: Indefinite
Closing date: 12 December 2021
The successful candidate will assist in the management and implementation of a 2-year project. The Data Support Officer’s role is to support in ensuring that the lines of effort across the entire project are cohesive together with the Project Manager for Cameroon and other project staff globally. He/she will also be responsible of collecting data related to Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT) and Illegal Logging and Associated Trade (ILAT) issues. The candidate will support the production of project outputs, including comprehensive reports of research findings and ensuring its appropriate dissemination. The Data Support Officer is also responsible of providing inputs for donor reports.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support on field data collection on IWT and ILAT
- Liaise with the project sub-awardees and any other external partners in accordance with the work plan.
- Support on compilation and research findings across the project.
- In coordination with the Project Manager complete a comprehensive literature review relating to illegal wildlife and illegal timber trade in Cameroon, including any connectivity to other crime types.
- Support on the writing of reports and production of the relevant project outputs.
- Support on analytical research, and identify emerging trends and issues from the research findings.
- Liaises and works closely with relevant the TRAFFIC teams (WiTIS, AFRICA-TWIX especially) and represents TRAFFIC atrelevant events in case of the absence of the Project Manager.
- Provide inputs for quarterly/annual donor progress reports or others as required.
Under the supervision of Project Manager, the Data Support Officer will benefit from his coaching, technical backstopping and mentoring for questions linked to the position when ever needed.
For more Information, please, download the Document here below: