The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is requesting Expressions of Interest from consultants or consultancy teams to lead the national project development and documentation process for the GEF-7 Enduring Earth project in Gabon. Deadline : September 30, 2022.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks a Biomonitoring Intern for Online Database - WWF
For our Country Programme Office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed Biomonitoring Intern for Online Database Creation who will assist the Biomonitoring Program.
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Duration: 6 Months
Mission of the department
For the Congo Basin countries to actively contribute to the Outcomes of some Practices (Wildlife, Forests, Food, Climate & Energy, Freshwater and Governance) implemented in their respective programmes, it is important to have a monitoring programme designed and implemented accordingly. Regarding new challenges and the need to continue and extend the monitoring programme to other developed goals and objectives in alignment with the Practices, the implementation of the Congo Basin Biomonitoring Programme has been adapted.
The programme has been built as an “Integrated Biomonitoring Programme” which is meant to be integrated into day-to-day activities for more efficiency. The adaptation made is supporting field programmes and countries in delivering conservation outcomes and impacts for an easy contribution to the Global Goals. Some challenges still remain in producing quickly the results (outcomes and impacts), and promoting them at country level. The creation of an application and/or an online database that could compute and summarize the results may help countries and the Regional Biomonitoring Program. The hiring of a developer in line with the current Terms of References to achieve such an objective is required.
Under the supervision of the Congo Basin Biomonitoring Coordinator, and in close collaboration with the Congo Basin Biomonitoring Officer, the Biomonitoring Intern for Data Management and the IT services, the Biomonitoring Intern for Online Database Creation will focus on computing an online database and an application that will support the automated result production and presentation in a structured and useful way for reports and communication.
- Build a structure database based on a python or Java language
- Integrate queries that could compute results and create graphs for trend analysis
- Integrate web mapping in the database for the spatial presentation of the outputs of the queries
- Construct a website for the online functioning of the database
- Develop a related standalone software for the database for desktop and offline use, where the desktop application could be updated online
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Online Database Creation and Management, Web Mapping and
- Programming, Development of Applications, or related subjects
- Proven experience in programming with Java and Python languages
- Proven experience in front end and back end development
- Familiarity with SQL language and Web Mapping
- Statistical and ecological data analysis capacities will be an asset
- Knowledge or experience with GIS software will be an asset
- Experience in cloud computing and storage management will be an asset Required Skills and Competencies
- Good skills both written and verbal (English and French)
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Able to demonstrate WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly
- Able to work effectively in various cultural environments
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Respect, Courage, Integrity & Collaboration
How to apply:
Apply through the Link... using a computer (Please do not use a telephone)
Deadline for applications: 10th April 2022
Please download the document below: