The subject should read CAR-Head P&S APDS. Deadline for applications: March 31, 2020. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
The World Wide Fund for Nature is looking for a Finance Manager for Republic of Congo and Gabon Offices
The Finance Manager (FM) will provide the required oversight and advice to the leadership in the Gabon and Republic of Congo Offices with key financial information and operational analytics. The FM is also responsible for driving a culture of accountability in managing finance related matters. As a member of the Country Management Team (CMT) for both countries, leads the development and implementation of accounting/finance/procurement policies, processes and systems to safeguard and control WWF's financial assets and provide complete, accurate and timely financial information and records.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Lead and provide leadership oversight on the project finance and accounting function.
- Define the financial strategy and contribute to the strategic planning process in developing and implementing financial strategies to align with the organization objectives.
- Ensure robust risk strategies are in place to mitigate any internal and external financial risks.
- Support and drive achievement of improved financial performance and organization objectives.
- Streamline financial processes and procedures and implement in a timely manner new financial initiatives while ensuring compliance with WWF global accounting policies, network standards and local statutory requirements.
- Lead the timely closing of the accounting ledgers as per the guidelines and procedures and ensure accounts are clean and the information from the accounting system is accurate and well supported.
- Ensure the maintenance of an effective filing of financial records and supporting documents. Review and assess the efficiency, confidentiality and integrity of the finance data filing system and backup at least once per year.
- Ensure internal controls and processes are adequately complied with and regular monitoring and update of financial risk registers.
- Ensure organisational and legal compliance including tax calculations and payments, registration, MOU processes and liaison are complied with
- Proactively manage cash flow in a leveraged environment and ensuring an effective treasury function.
- Responsible for foreign exchange risk management
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of donor reports on a timely basis
- Manage the preparation of bi and annual consolidation reporting packages for both offices
- Responsible for the monthly management of financial performance review and quarterly KPI performance review with WWF International and Country Management Teams.
- Oversee internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Building finance capability and team to fulfil purpose of role in fully operational state, including team structure design and recruitment in tandem with future growth and challenges.
- Identify, propose, review and/or implement best practice and cost effective continuous improvement opportunities.
- Advise and provide recommendations to other units on financial issues and compliance.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Management, with at least seven (7) years of experience in these areas, which at least five (5) years in a leadership role, with demonstrated success in an international environment (NGO or Company);
- Qualified Accounting Professional (CPA, ACCA, or equivalent degree in accounting) is a prerequisite
- Demonstrated skills in developing, managing, and evaluating financial and administrative plans and policies;
- Experience working with government and donors;
- A thorough knowledge of, and dexterity with, accounting software; and
- Experience working with international organizations involved in environmental and/or community issues would be an advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Management, leadership and communication skills, coupled with diplomacy, numeracy, and business acumen are essential
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate, motivate and promote an effective and efficient team
- The successful candidate will be able to recommend strategies and provide solutions which benefit both the department and organization
- The ability to lead the design and implementation of processes which efficiently meet the needs of the organisation, supported by a strong knowledge of ERP/ORACLE and reporting tools is required
- Proven interpersonal and people-management skills, complemented by excellent written and spoken English is a must;
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
Deadline for applications: 10 November 2023
For more Information, please download the Document here below: