Terms of reference for the recruitment of a consultant for the elaboration of a tool to sensitize African CSOS on biodiversity, advocacy for the new post-2020 global biodiversity framework, and facilitation of a training of trainers (TOT) workshop in Cameroon on advocacy techniques. The Bids must be submitted no later than 17 July 2020.
Finance Officer - TRAFFIC
Unit: TRAFFIC Central Africa
Organization: TRAFFIC International (TRAFFIC)
Location: Cameroon Country Programme Office, Yaoundé, Cameroon
Reporting to: Office Director - Central Africa
Expected start date: 01 July 2020
Type of contract: Fixed-term (12 months with possibility of renewal)
Closing date: 31 May 2020
The Finance Officer assists the Programme Office Director with ensuring the consistent and efficient management of the Central Africa office’s finances, including banking, income and expenditure management, cashflow and payroll monitoring, operation of the computerised accounting system, and preparation of Core and project-level reports. The position works closely with IUCN Finance and HR Units, CAF Project Support Officer and Project Mangers as well as with the Global Office’s Finance Unit.
• Prepares and regularly monitors and updates the TRAFFIC multi-year Core budget including the ‘ABC list’.
• Day-to-day finance and accounting management including cash calls, invoicing, payments, banking, control of the use of petty cash, and authorisations and processing accruals and prepayments;
• Reviews and reconciles bank and control accounts on a monthly basis
• Liaises closely with the Project Support Officer and Project Managers in the management of project finances; preparation and monitoring of cash-flow; and in the preparation of cash calls;
• Reviews and verifies project funding agreements /contracts, including those for consultants.
• Maintains project accounts and ensures that accurate financial information is available for the use by the Project Support Officer and Project Managers;
• Ensures the timely transfer of funds to and from Central Africa, the Global Office, and fund recipients by raising invoices and make payments following instruction from Project Administration Officer and the Programme Office Director,
• Advises the Project Administration Officer and Project Managers on payments made and income received.
• Supports the Programme Office Director on TRAFFIC HR matters including assisting with recruitment arrangements and reviews relevant information for staff remuneration.
• Works with the Global Office to maintain the financial system SAGE 300;
• Conducts data input to the computerised accounting system- SAGE 300 for Central Africa and reconciliation with the IUCN balance;
• Compiles monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports using SAGE 300 system and Excel for submission the Global Office after the approval of the Office Director;
• Ensures invoices are appropriately coded for input and processing into SAGE and IUCN Accounts;
• Ensures the timely preparation and submission of required financial reports;
• Prepares for and facilitates the year-end statutory audit;
• Ensures project audits are carried out in line with donor requirements;
• Process expense claims, workshop financial reports, and associated expenses justifications and ensure the expenses are appropriately loaded into SAGE;
• Ensures that all CAF staff are updated regularly monthly on the status of their respective travel accounts, and, where needed, provides them with advice to avoid irregularities;
• Initiate and validates all CAF purchases;
• Maintains the Central Africa Asset Register;
• Ensures that the Regional Director is timely informed about TCAF financial issues requiring his advice or decision-making;
• Undertakes any other TCAF related tasks as required by the Programme Office Director.
For more Information, please, download the Document here below: