Placed under the hierarchical authority of the Commissioner in charge of the Environment, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Rural Development (DERNADR), the consultant shall be responsible for supporting the ECCAS Commission with a particular focus on DERNADR, especially on the subject of the economy of protected areas, environmental diplomacy and the institutional framework on the fight against climate change and the green economy in Central Africa. The application deadline is 30 Mar-2022.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks 2 Business & Industries interns - WWF
For our country programme office in Cameroon, we are looking for 2 dynamic and committed Business andIndustries interns who will provide support to support the rollout of the two project activities in the landscapes.
Duration: 3 Months (From 1st April 2022)
Mission of the department
The "Green Commodity Landscape Programme" is part of WWF's ongoing efforts to promote sustainable cocoa production, forest protection and create new economic activities for communities in two geographical areas in Cameroon. Other agro-commodities such as, rubber, oil palm, banana, etc. will also be included in the program. The aim of the program within these landscapes is to develop plans, in collaboration with communities, local authorities and companies, on the production of agricultural products that can improve the income of farmers and their families, while contributing to forest protection. Forest protection is an important part of the program. The forest remains pivotal to people’s lives: forest disappearance will lead to climate change and decreased soil fertility resulting from erosion. The end effect of this is decreased agricultural yields and more droughts. The aim of the program includes; organization of farmers, training, support to improve the quality of cocoa, support to forest protection activities etc.
The “Mobilising More for Climate” programme’s main objective is to develop thriving economic green zones that benefit everyone, in various ways:
- Connect entrepreneurs, SMEs and smallholder cooperatives with companies, investors, policymakers
- Support green and inclusive business propositions with local ownership
- Redirect investment flows to sustainable, climate-resilient landscape initiatives
- Embed climate resilience and social equity in economic development
The interns will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and reporting of project activities
- Contribute to the constitution of the local client portfolio and to their connection with the producers of
- sustainable commodities in the WWF landscapes.
- Ensure all management tasks, and in particular the material organization of meetings
What you need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in the field of Agribusiness, sales & marketing, Business Management, or related field
- Suitable for rural life
- Understanding of forest and wildlife policy, and natural resource management principles
- Excellent people, diplomacy, and conflict resolution skills to handle complex and highly sensitive multi-
- stakeholder situations
- Strong communication skills Proficiency in French or English
- Quick thinking; capability of reacting under pressure
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Respect, Courage, Integrity & Collaboration.
Deadline for applications: 19th March 2022
Please download the document below