The position of Senior Africa Campaign Coordinator will play an important role in advancing our work in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Guinea, and will be integral to regional movement-building and strengthening partnerships across the continent. Closing date for applications is: 11 March 2022.
International Rivers envisions a world where healthy rivers and the rights of local communities are valued and protected. Since 1985, International Rivers has been at the heart of the global struggle to protect rivers and the rights of communities that depend on them. Armed with on the ground evidence and cutting-edge research, International Rivers mobilizes civil society and communities to advocate for improved river basin governance, transparent and accountable energy infrastructure, and human rights. We have been the driving force behind iconic campaigns to protect the world’s greatest rivers from harmful projects, and pioneered global policy solutions.
We are a global organization with offices in the United States, Asia, South America and Africa. Our small and nimble team are leading effective campaigns in key regions and river basins around the world.
The position of Senior Africa Campaign Coordinator will play an important role in advancing our work in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Guinea, and will be integral to regional movement-building and strengthening partnerships across the continent.
Status: 1-year contract - The position may be renewed depending on funding availability and program requirements
Location: Remote, preferably within sub-Saharan Africa
Reports to: Regional Director, Africa Program
Travel: Regional and International
Languages required: French and English
The Senior Africa Campaign Coordinator will work with the Africa Regional Director to design and carry out campaigns in the Republic of Guinea and the Democratic Republic of Congo, as well as the Africa region more broadly.
- Liaise closely with and support campaign priorities of existing partners in the DRC and Guinea, and help identify new potential allies in the region.
- Help design and provide support for learning exchanges between groups of dam-affected communities.
- Help design and deliver training for partners and communities on campaign and campaign and advocacy strategies.
- Support the development of a regional movement for the protection of African rivers.
- Help organize regional and cross-regional movement-building and capacity-building events with partner organizations.
- Support the coordination of a regional campaign on Rights of Rivers and permanent river protection in the DRC.
Advocacy and Outreach
- Work with the Africa Regional Director to design and implement advocacy and campaign strategies as well as represent International Rivers at high level advocacy meetings with civil society, targeting financial and corporate actors, governments, intergovernmental bodies and other campaign targets.
- Help organize public campaign events in Guinea and DRC around International Rivers and joint publications.
- Work with International Rivers communications manager and others to provide communications/media support for campaigns in Guinea and DRC, and for Africa as a whole.
- Support the Africa program in developing and implementing campaigns against destructive dams, promoting clean renewable energy, and realizing the rights of dam affected people.
For more Information, please, download the Document here below: