The Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) seeks a Chief of Party (COP). The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, management and general technical direction for the anticipated public-private partnership project. The CoP will supervise key project staff and ensure compliance to private partner expectations and requirements, donor rules and regulations, JGI and government policies.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks a Logistics Intern
Under the supervision of the Logistics Officer, provide support in vehicle management, procurement, insurance, travels/transport, archives, accordingly to procedures and policies applied in the WWF CCPO.
- Collect goods at vendor’s places;
- Support the Logistics Officer in purchasing goods and services;
- Collect proformas and invoices, according to the needs of the office;
- Assists the logistics Officer with administrative tasks, fuel consumption analysis, review of stock cards for consumables, review of replenishment report of fuel and consumables as assigned;
- Collect information on car usage, to prepare cost recovery on different projects;
- At the request of the Logistics Officer, liaise with suppliers;
- Ensure that requisitions for services or material are duly approved before processing;
- Draw up purchase orders in the system, in line with the needs of the requestors;
- Prepare official/private car usage bills;
- Ensure data entry in the system to generate statistics;
- Prepare monthly statistical reports on office vehicles;
- Assist in the filing of travel documents per agencies or companies;
- Assist in Organizing logistics for meetings (focal point for venue bookings, etc…) and for workshops only in the city of Yaoundé;
- Liaises with users/customers in order to organize reception of goods;
- Assist in the monitoring of all processing logistics matters with the relevant interlocutors to ensure proper operation of the Cameroon Country Programme Office (CCPO);
- Help with the archives management of the Finances & Administration Department;
- Assists with hotel reservations for WWF staff and consultants as required by supervisors;
- Ensure that utility bills are reviewed and paid within date limit and follow-up on local service providers in domains like telephone, electricity, water, insurance, etc.;
- Perform other duties as required.
- 2 / 3 years undergraduate level in Logistics;
- At least one year of progressive professional experience Logistics (in an international NGO).
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency on travel and hotel reservations;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization competence with attention to detail;
- Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Excellent team player with good networking and interpersonal skills;
- Results oriented, delivers quality service and in a timely manner;
- Trustworthy: establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments and maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent computer software mastery especially Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely in English and French;
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
Internal – All WWF’s CCPO/ROA staff members
External – Interacts with insurance companies, Suppliers…
This job advert covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply:
Deadline for applications: 23rd May 2021.