The Adaptation Fund has launched a new USD 10 million pilot small grants programme (Adaptation Fund Climate Innovation Accelerator, AFCIA) to foster innovation in adaptation in developing countries at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP25) in Madrid. Two of the Adaptation Fund’s accredited Multilateral Implementing Entities (MIEs), the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), have been selected as implementing entities of the AFCIA. The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) works in conjunction with UNEP, receiving USD 5 million to administrate and aggregate 25 micro-grants projects (up to USD 250,000 each).
Communications, Fundraising and Partnership Manager - WWF
WWF – DRC is looking for a dynamic and committed Communications, Fundraising and Partnership Manager to support conservation efforts and ensure WWF DRC’s conservation targets are met through strategic promotion of WWF DRC Brand among different audiences and supporting the fundraising effort in the country and within the Network in line with the WWF – DRC Strategic Plan and Communication Strategy.
- Develop, implement and periodically revise a Communication, Fundraising and partnerships strategy for WWF DRC.
- Work in close collaboration with WWF DRC Country Management Team (CMT) to develop and implement effective internal and external public relations & communication strategies for communicating WWF DRC conservation initiatives and enhancing corporate image, visibility and brand;
- Ensure the establishment of cross-functional fundraising and partnership network for WWF DRC and provide support, guidance to program managers in fundraising and partnership matters.
- Coordinate the drafting of project proposals to donors.
- Ensure effective implementation of WWF DRC proposals and contract management systems and adherence of relevant staff to WWF network Standards and best practices for engaging public and private finance partners and private donors.
- Contribute to solutions ensuring that field programs comply with donor agreements, timely technical and financial reporting to donors;
- Contribute to identify and oversee management of major reputational risks for WWF related to the execution of grant and partnership contracts;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of innovative and sustainable funding mechanisms for DRC conservation;
- Develop and manage WWF DRC Partnerships agreements, as needed.
- Assists programmes in developing and improving their communication abilities and products. As such conducts communication trainings, drafts and/or reviews programme materials for various audiences and platforms;
- Ensures effective management of WWF DRC websites and social media, and ensures relevant and up to date content;
- Respond to local and international media queries; as needed, organize media visits to WWF DRC key sites;
- Liaise with other WWF communicators in Africa for joint campaigns;
- Provide leadership and directly supervise the DRC communication officer and the Fundraising & Partnership Manager;
- Coordinate setting of both departmental work plans and staff performance targets and undertake periodic performance appraisal for communication and Fundraising staff.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should email a cover letter (with at least 3 references) and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with the mention: - Comms, F&P Manager by October, 10 2021.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
Female applicants are encouraged. WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
For more Information, please, download the Documents here below: