Management and Engineering Technologies International Inc., in support of the U.S. Forest Service International Programs (hereinafter “USFS-IP”) may seek the services of a Program Coordinator in Gabon to work with national governments as well as local, national and regional organizations in the Congo Basin region to provide technical assistance on sustainable landscape management, natural resource management, countering illegal logging, and climate change mitigation and adaptation. Apply with a resume and letter of interest by December 31st.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks a Mechanic - WWF
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime:
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge. Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
For our Lobeke office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed Mechanic work with the driver mechanics to organize repairs to vehicles, motorcycles, outboard motors, generators, tractors, etc., as well as tracking and restocking spare parts.
WWF CCPO Jengi Southeast Forest (JSEF)- Lobeke TNS Component
Mission of the Department:
The mission of WWF CCPO JSEF is to ensure sustainable management of natural resources in Southeast Cameroon through participatory management practices involving all stakeholders and contributes to improving the living conditions of the local people. This includes (1) negotiation of macro-zoning plan (with protected area, forest and hunting concessions, agroforestry zone,...), (2) development of basic infrastructure and preparation of management plans for three protected areas (Lobeke, Boumba Bek and Nki) that cover 6,380km² of biologically important moist evergreen and semi-deciduous closed forest, with high densities of elephants, western lowland gorillas, chimpanzees and bongos, (3) support to concessionaries in the implementation of sustainable practices, and (4) assistance in setting in place Community Based Organizations to insure full participation of local population in natural resource management and the contribution of those resources to poverty alleviation.
The Mechanic is responsible for the technical follow-up and maintenance of all motorized vehicles in the program. He will work with the driver mechanics to organize repairs to vehicles, motorcycles, outboard motors, generators, tractors, etc., as well as tracking and restocking spare parts.
- Organizes the operation of the garage
- Ensure reparation of all mechanical problems on all program vehicles and engines in the program
- when reported/recorded
- Carry out a technical diagnosis after the return from mission of all vehicles, motorcycles and motor
- Monitor and enforce rigorously the schedule of lubricant(oil) replacement in vehicles and
- Consolidate a monthly report and monitoring the quality of log book of vehicles and motorcycles
- Centralizes the control of vehicle parts, motorcycles and boat engine
- Prepare a monthly report of the usage of spare parts
- The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks a Mechanic Ensure the availability of spare parts for all equipment
- Ensure the smooth running and organization of the garage and its equipment
- Drive the project vehicle on missions if necessary or required
- Prepare quotes and work estimates as requested
- Keep an accurate log of all work performed
- Maintain and clean garage equipment and tools to ensure they are kept in a safe and usable
- condition at all times
- Put in place a garage safety policy for Jengi TNS
Qualified candidates from residents of Lobeke (Mouloundou, Salapoumbé, Mambelé...) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of BAC in mechanics in diesel option
- Experience in managing a modern garage and using modern equipment in the garage
- Experience in inventory tracking especially for vehicle spare parts
- Possess at least a category A, B and D driving license
- 5 years working experience in a garage and in mechanics
- Computer literate is an asset
- Fluency in French and/or English
- Experience conducting routine services and vehicle maintenance
- Demonstrated experience inspecting vehicles for faults and repairs Required Skills and Competencies
- Willingness and ability to work in a remote area with low supervision
- Adheres to WWF’s brand values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
Internal – Collaborate with other key technical staff of the programme
External – He has to work closely/collaborate with MINFOF Park Services in Lobeke National Park.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply:
- Apply through the Link : https://cameroon.panda.org/apply_to_a_job/apply_to_a_job/ with a computer (Please do not use a mobile phone)
- Or submit your applications to the various WWF offices in Mambele, Yokadouma, Ngoyla
Deadline for applications: 08th April 2022.
Please download the document below: