Placed under the hierarchical authority of the Commissioner in charge of the Environment, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Rural Development (DERNADR), the consultant shall be responsible for supporting the ECCAS Commission with a particular focus on DERNADR, especially on the subject of the economy of protected areas, environmental diplomacy and the institutional framework on the fight against climate change and the green economy in Central Africa. The application deadline is 30 Mar-2022.
WWF: Technical Officer – Dzanga Forest Elephant Project
The Technical Officer will play the role of co-Principal Investigator (co-PI) for the Dzanga Forest Elephant Project. He/she is responsible for assisting the Principal Investigator to implement the objectives of the Dzanga Forest Elephant Project cited in the memorandum of understanding signed between WWF and the "Elephant Listening Project" which focusses on the conservation of forest elephants at Dzanga bai and the surrounding forest.
The Technical Officer (co-principal investigator) will be expected to fulfill the following tasks:
- Ensure data collection as required by ongoing protocols and projects;
- Carry out capacity building of researchers, research assistants and field team members, to facilitate development of a new generation of conservationists;
- Supervise data collection methods and data quality;
- Take part in the design of research studies and data collection methods;
- Take part in data analysis and co-authoring publications
- Write activity reports and submit within deadlines
- Mentoring students from Central Africa
- Hosting guest researchers
- Supporting anti-poaching efforts
- Collaborating with tourism teams
- Ensuring safety of the field team
- Community involvement
- Educational outreach
- Submit a quarterly report of field activities to the DSPA head of Research and Monitoring as a contribution to the DSPA quarterly report;
- Carry out annual evaluations of staff under his supervision;
- Be ready to perform other activities and tasks requested by the hierarchy;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferable) in one of the following domains: Wildlife Biology, Conservation, Resource Management or any related specialization;
- Minimum of 02 years professional experience in conservation field work, preferably at remote sites in Central Africa
Deadline for applications: 22nd April 2022.
The subject should read “Application for the position of Technical Officer – Dzanga Forest Elephant Project DSPA, CAR”.
For more Information, please, download the Document here below: