The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is requesting Expressions of Interest from consultants or consultancy teams to lead the national project development and documentation process for the GEF-7 Enduring Earth project in Gabon. Deadline : September 30, 2022.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks a Biomonitoring Intern for Online Database - WWF
For our Country Programme Office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed Biomonitoring Intern who will assist the Biomonitoring Program.
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Duration: 6 Months
Mission of the department
For the Congo Basin countries to actively contribute to the Outcomes of some Practices (Wildlife, Forests, Food, Climate & Energy, Freshwater and Governance) implemented in their respective programmes, it is important to have a monitoring programme designed and implemented accordingly. Regarding new challenges and the need to continue and extend the monitoring programme to other developed goals and objectives in alignment with the Practices, the implementation of the Congo Basin Biomonitoring Programme has been adapted. The programme has been built as an “Integrated Biomonitoring Programme” which is meant to be integrated into day-to-day activities for more efficiency. The adaptation made is supporting field programmes and countries in delivering conservation outcomes and impacts for an easy contribution to the Global Goals.
As the main strategic axis of the Biomonitoring Program, the collection of reliable and structured data includes six distinct and complementary components to help better orient, optimize and evaluate conservation activities and results. The need for collected field data and produced results to be structured, stored and managed efficiently is essential for an easy use. To assist the Biomonitoring Program in filling this need, we are looking for a Biomonitoring Intern.
Under the supervision of the Congo Basin Biomonitoring Officer, and in close collaboration with the Regional Biomonitoring Coordinator and National Teams, the Biomonitoring Intern will focus on compiling and structuring existing data and the results produced from various analyses and data sources.
- Conduct field missions to collect data and reports from field programs
- Compile the collected information in a structured way for internal and external databases
- Assist in data collection and data analysis according to the objectives of the program
- Provide support any other activity of Regional Biomonitoring Program when necessary
- Minimum MSc Degree in Biology, Natural Resources Management, Conservation, Database construction and management, Protected Area Management or related subjects
- Proven experience in camera trap media (photo and/or video) processing
- Familiarity with GIS analysis (particularly ArcGIS or QGIS)
- Proven statistics and data analysis capacities (Excel, other relevant software)The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks a Biomonitoring Intern for Data Management Ability to manage databases; experience with managing files on Cloud storages
Required Skills and Competencies
- Good skills both written and verbal (English and French)
- Good computer skills (MS Office package, Online researches, etc.), IT skills will be an asset
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Able to demonstrate WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate
- openly and innovate fearlessly
- Able to work effectively in various cultural environments
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Respect, Courage, Integrity & Collaboration
How to apply:
(Please do not use a telephone)
Deadline for applications: 10th April 2022.
Please download the document below: