The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is requesting Expressions of Interest from consultants or consultancy teams to lead the national project development and documentation process for the GEF-7 Enduring Earth project in Gabon. Deadline : September 30, 2022.
TRAFFIC - Project Manager- OES
Reporting to: Office Director - Central Africa
Work percentage: 100%
Expected start date: 01 March 2022
Type of contract: Fixed-term (23 months with possibility of renewal)
Closing date: 13 December 2021
The successful candidate will manage and lead the Cameroon-based implementation of a 2-year project in coordination with the global project team. The Project Manager’s role is to ensure that the lines of effort across the entire project are cohesive.
He/she will also lead in producing project outputs, including comprehensive reports of research findings and ensuring its appropriate dissemination. The Project Manager is also responsible for compiling donor reports, monitoring project budgets and timelines, and ensuring compliance with donor guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the implementation of specified project activities in coordination with other project offices participating in this project, namely, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Brazil.
- Coordinate activities and maintain regular liaison across the project sub-awardees and any other external partners in accordance with the work plan.
- Coordinate and compile research findings across the project.
- Complete a comprehensive literature review relating to illegal wildlife and illegal timber trade in Cameroon, including any connectivity to other crime types.
- Lead on the writing of reports and production of the relevant project outputs.
- Support analytical research, and identify emerging trends and issues from the research findings.
- Liaises and works closely with relevant TRAFFIC teams (WiTIS, AFRICA-TWIX especially) and represents TRAFFIC at relevant events.
- Compile quarterly/annual donor progress reports or others as required.
- Oversee project finances and supports financial admin and reporting.
- Provide leadership to the Data Support Officer.
Under the supervision of the Programme Office Director – Central Africa the Project Manager will benefit from his coaching, technical backstopping and mentoring for questions linked to the position when ever needed. The selected candidate will be managing the Data Support Officer and TRAFFIC consultants as directed.
For more Information, please, download the Document here below: