The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is requesting Expressions of Interest from consultants or consultancy teams to lead the national project development and documentation process for the GEF-7 Enduring Earth project in Gabon. Deadline : September 30, 2022.
RAINFOREST ALLIANCE: Senior Associate Gender & Human Rights
The Senior associate, Gender & Human Rights is mainly responsible of strengthening the economic and social rights of women, youth and indigenous people through engagement in community-based and environmentally sustainable landscape management.
The Senior Associate will support Rainforest Alliance landscapes & communities projects in Cameroon with the purpose of strengthening and sustain economic and social rights of adult women and youth through engagement in community-based and environmentally sustainable landscape management decisions and income-generating activities.
Existing main projects includes funding from the Global Environment Facility (GEF), European Commission, Forest Allies and philanthropy. These projects are implemented in close collaboration with local civil society organisations (CSOs), private sector enterprises, municipalities, and community-based organisations (CBOs).
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Monitor activities related to gender mainstreaming, of the co-implementing partners and approve the delivery of their products in accordance with their responsibilities in the projects;
- Advocate for the representation of women, youth and indigenous people and the integration of their perspectives and experiences in the decision-making processes;
- Technically assist landscape management governance bodies to ensure gender and youth-sensitive design and implementation of the landscape management plan and balance sheets;
- Provide support to landscape management governance bodies, CSOs, CBOs and women-led enterprises in documenting projects learnings on effective strategies to strengthen the economic and social empowerment of women, youth and indigenous people through their increased engagement in community-based environmentally sustainable landscape management and value chain participation and discussing them with key local and national stakeholders.
- Develop and propose to the project coordinators inputs in the gender mainstreaming perspective for Annual work plans and budgets;
- Deliver plans and reports required by the projects monitoring and evaluation plans and coordinate short-term consultants in accordance with principles of adaptive management;
- Synthesize key projects learnings on operationalising gender mainstreaming, social diversity and equity in community-based landscape management and exchange knowledge within and beyond the landscapes
- Manage financial resources in accordance with the rules commonly agreed between Rainforest Alliance and the donors;
- Support the development of project proposals to ensure gender an human rights considerations and advice on gender and human rights for our certification program ; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
Deadline: September 11, 2022