The Community Conservation Lead will work closely with the Program Manager and Reserve Director to implement OWR’s community conservation strategy. They will ensure a community-based approach to the reduction of biodiversity threats in the OWR and its buffer zone. Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, skills and experience, should through by May 31, 2022.
Programme Officer, LandScale - Africa (French speaker) - Rainforest Alliance
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
We are seeking a highly organized, detail-orientated, and collaborative people to support the delivery of LandScale’s assessment and claims validation, training, and associated services, and to promote LandScale and recruit new users, particularly in Africa. They will play a critical role in ensuring that the LandScale system is user-friendly, customer service oriented, and meets the needs of our target market.
LandScale is an innovative new initiative, co-lead by the Rainforest Alliance, Verra and Conservation International, which aims to drive improvements in sustainability at landscape scale. To do this, we have developed a system, comprising an online platform, detailed guidance and a validation mechanism, to assess and communicate trusted information about landscape sustainability. From early 2022, the LandScale system will be available to any organization convening, implementing or financing work to improve sustainability at landscape scale. In addition to scaling the use of the LandScale system, we will be working to demonstrate that the information generated by LandScale assessments can form the basis for innovative market, financial and policy mechanisms (eg. sustainability linked loans, payment for ecosystem services, preferential sourcing) that can incentivize the actions needed to deliver improvements in sustainability at landscape scale. LandScale is developing a fee-based business model with the aim of becoming self-financing as soon as possible.
The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate:
Technical support to LandScale users
- In coordination with the Operations Manager, deliver technical support, training, and validation services to LandScale users;
- Coordinate the development, signing and payment of proposals and service agreements and ensure that up-to-date records are maintained for each user;
- Contribute to the development and updating of training materials and other program delivery resources;
- Collect, document, and analyse feedback from users and prospective users of the LandScale system;
- Support the LandScale Operations manager in developing updates to the LandScale framework, guidelines, validation mechanism and assessment resources as needed;
- Support the management of LandScale’s online Community of Practice to foster useful knowledge exchange and learning among LandScale users;
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: February 17th 2022
Only candidates authorised to work in Cameroun or Ivory Coast will be considered
For more Information, please check: HERE