The Finance and Administration Manager will have primary responsibility for leading all operational and financial aspects for Salonga National Park funded program. This position is responsible for all financial functions in relation to the Salonga program, including accounting, payments and banking, cash management, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting and grant financial management and compliance. Responsible for maintaining the program’s financial integrity by overseeing the project financial management and reporting. The role will lead a team responsible for the Salonga program Finance and Administration.
- Key Responsibilities
- Oversee financial management and financial operations for the Salonga Program in the main office and satellite offices, including managing staff to ensure smooth and cost-effective internal administration and operations
- Under the supervision of the WWF DRC Head of Finance & IT, implements consistent processes and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), USAID requirements, EU requirements, KfW requirements, and other public and private donors’ requirements, and WWF procedures for all budgeting, accounting, sub-granting, sub-contracting, and procurement functions including: field payroll, field expense reporting, accounts payable, wire transfer requests, and bank account reconciliation, internal controls, and reporting.
- Leads the program budget preparation; monitors and analyzes expenses and revenues monthly to ensure proper spending levels and correct usage of restricted funds. Manages actual financial performance against budget and ensures that expenditure projections are accurate.
- In coordination with Program Operations/Finance unit at WWFUS, WWF-International and WWF-Germany, prepares financial reports due to USAID/EU & KfW respectively, as well as other donors / offices that are financing Salonga Program, as required.
- Responsible for preparing and coordinating with partners the budget by activity for the annual workplan submission to USAID/EU/KfW and other donors.
- Provides monthly updates to Park Director, Program Coordinator and other key personnel about the financial status of the Salonga Program, signals any issues promptly and ensures coherence between financial and programmatic activities.
- Assist the Park Director and the Program Coordinator in addressing donor agreement-related issues and ensure that the activity’s financial controls, procurement procedures and systems comply with donor practices and meet all required rules and regulations and follow WWF policies.
- Oversees the management of leases, contracts, and other financial commitments for the Salonga Program.
- Implements policies and procedures to prevent, detect, and mitigate fraud and conflicts of interest.
- Reviews and approves payments and other journals entries to ensure proper expense coding and documentation to ensure accurate coding of expenses and full compliance with both internal and donor requirements. Pay special attention to monitoring co-financing commitments that need to be met.
- Establishes and oversees an effective cash management system in Monkoto, ensuring availability of funds for project execution in a timely manner and strong internal controls
- Support and mentor financial and administration staff in both Kinshasa and Monkoto.
- Provide technical support to WWF DRC staff in performing due diligence and/or organizational assessments and monitoring of subgrantees /partners / service providers, including site visits, to ensure appropriate financial and administrative management systems are implemented to meet the level and complexity of funding. Ensures all WWF issued agreements and payments are processed timely and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Coordinates annual and special project and subgrant audits related to USAID, EU, KfW or other donor funds. In coordination with WWF-DRC HR Manager, ensures that human resource management policies and compensation conform with USAID/EU and KfW and other donor regulations, WWF policies and national laws.
- Coordinates and trains program staff to ensure compliance with USAID/EU, KfW and other donor regulations, WWF policies and national laws, for topics including but not limited to timesheets, inventory, vehicle operations & maintenance, employing local consultants; international trips, cost share; etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in accounting, business, public administration, or a related field. A graduate degree in accounting is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing staff and administrative and financial functions for a large program is essential.
- Senior-level professional experience with at least 10 years of substantial and successful project management experience overseeing financial and administrative activities.
- Supervisory experience, including administrative management of local subcontractors, grantees, or local staff, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with implementation of donor-funded projects (specifically with USAID/EU and/or KFW projects, and USAID/EU and/or KFW rules & regulations required).
- Experience working in Central Africa.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on project and financial management
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Highly qualified and proficient with spreadsheet programs, word processing, computerized accounting and budgeting systems (e.g. Workday, Adaptive, Oracle), information system development, and auditing skills.
- Strong teambuilding skills and demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and mentoring financial management staff.
- Must be willing to travel regularly to the field offices, as well as internationally (US, Europe and other African countries).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration.
How to apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter (with at least 3 references) and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with the mention: - Finance & Administration Manager - Salonga Program by November 30, 2022.
For more Information, please, download the Document here below: