The position will be a part of the senior management team and support the Country Director by providing day to day operational leadership to guide prioritization and drive the implementation of annual and quarterly targets, as well as by preparing operationally for strategic growth and promote innovation and efficiency. The COO will oversee the management and effective integration of Operations for WWF DRC to ensure high performance, efficient operating systems, and the ability to enhance delivery of complex conservation programs and results. Application deadline: February, 12 2023.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks a People & Culture (HR) Intern – WWF
For its Country Program Office in Cameroon, WWF is seeking a dynamic and committed human resources and cultural intern to support human resources development activities. Deadline for receipt of applications: March 13, 2022.
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth?
Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime: All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable For our country programme office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed People & Culture Intern who will provide support to HR development activities
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Duration: 3 Months (April – June 2022)
- Prepare and follow volunteers’ / internships contracts and prepare payment status
- Prepare payment request for external partners (Pyschologist, UNCT, consultants...)
- Support in filling of documentation as instructed
- Archiving of documentation
- Support with preparing attestations of employment or related documents as requested by staff
- Support CNPS matters
- Support with the recruitment process as assigned
- Support with the staff induction efforts
- Support in all HR initiatives and team building efforts
- Execute every other duty as requested by hierarchy
What you need:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related field (social sciences, law, etc.) with at least two years of experience (experience in an international organization or NGO is desired)
- Knowledge of the institutional, legal and policy framework of employment and HR management in Cameroon
Required Skills and Competencies
- Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees
- Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy
- Trustworthy: Establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments, and maintains confidentiality
- Good team work skills
- Good knowledge of Ms Office suite
- Good oral and written skills in English and French
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Respect, Courage, Integrity & Collaboration.
Please download the document below: