The Finance and Administration Manager will have primary responsibility for leading all operational and financial aspects for Salonga National Park funded program. This position is responsible for all financial functions in relation to the Salonga program, including accounting, payments and banking, cash management, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting and grant financial management and compliance. Interested candidates should email a cover letter (with at least 3 references) and curriculum vitae by November 30, 2022.
Senior Communication Officer WWF CAR
WWF Central African Republic Country Office seeks to hire an experienced and motivated individual for the position of Senior Communications Officer for its country Programme. To join our team you need to be passionate, be a self-starter with an outgoing personality, have a positive attitude and be willing to spend large amounts of time out of the office engaging with people. You also need to be prepared to spend up to 40% your time in a logistically challenging yet magnificent and secured environment in Southwestern CAR. Deadline for submitting applications: June 30, 2022.
Liaises closely with the Technical Advisor, field staff partners and local communities to obtain news and information from them that can be used to promote Dzanga-Sangha and Ngotto Forest and make the two programmes known to a wider local and global audience. Liaises closely with the WWF Regional Office for Africa, the WWF International Communications team and relevant donor offices to provide them with information on programmes activities, and work together for global campaigns. Interact with all target audiences, including the local communities in and around Bayanga and Ngotto in order to provide regular news articles, photographs and features on activities and the unique areas WWF CAR works in.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Together with the Senior Management Team (SMT), Technical Advisors and other staff, develop and implement a communications plan for the WWF CAR office;
- Identify local, regional and international opportunities to showcase Dzanga-Sangha, Ngotto and WWF’s conservation approach, including but not limited to community development, eco-tourism and primate habituation programme.
- Develop an engagement strategy for government officials in Bangui, mainly to further develop collaboration in the Ngotto Forest programmes.
- Creates and develops close and continuing relations with journalists, editor and other media producers for the purpose of communications for conservation;
- Responsible for arranging and accompanying local and international press trips to the Dzanga-Sangha protected Areas, the Ngotto Forest programmes and WWF’s activities in and around these areas, including organizing visits for local and foreign journalists.
- Trains key programme people in different communications skills, eg. communicating to the press effectively.
- Leads on the development of reactive statements to media request and Q&As in close collaboration with the Regional office for Africa and the WWF-International media unit as needed.
- Pitches appealing stories with a news angle to relevant media
- Provides appealing stories to the WWF Network and donors on a regular basis
- Designs quality promotional material for partners in the project area, donors, the WWF Network and external stakeholders
- Regularly updates and improves the Dzanga-Sangha website, Facebook page and other social media platforms with interesting stories, compelling facts and practical advice for visitors
- Regularly uploads quality photographs to the WWF photo library and manages a local photo and video library.
- Produces short videos featuring Dzanga-Sangha and Ngotto as well as its wildlife and people
- Sets up and implements a social media calendar, creates social media packages for the WWF Network and interested donor offices.
- Acts as a communications focal point for WWF Central African Republic within the WWF Network.
- Participates in monthly Africa community of communicator’s communications calls and other relevant network coordination calls
- Leads on the organization of WWF campaigns such as Earth Hour in CAR as prioritized with SMT in CAR.
For more Information, please, download the Document here below: