For our country programme office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed Senior Project Finance Analyst responsible for proper monitoring, reporting and process administration associated with financial deliveries related to aspecific portfolio of projects. Deadline for applications: 31st May 2022.
Finance & Administration Manager CCPO
The Senior Project Analyst position is responsible for proper monitoring, reporting and process administration associated with financial deliveries related to a specific portfolio of projects. In the context of decentralization of Finance, this role review, monitor submission of financial reports (donors & management) prepared by Programme Administrators/Accountants and ensure quality assurance. The position will also support the Finance & Admin Manager in budgeting and forecasting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all processes, operations and tasks associated with financial deliveries of the portfolio of projects under his/her leadership;
- Review financial reports prepared by Programme Administrators/Accountants and monitor fixed quarterly deadlines and on the basis of contractual deadlines other than quarterly through an exhaustive and up-to-date monitoring tool;
- Prepare for the review of the Finance & Administration Manger an efficient cost recovery system from projects asper agreed methodology;
- Work with the project managers of his or her portfolio on the monthly budget follow-up and the explanation of variances;
- Provide monthly reports to the Finance and Administration manager on the status of cash calls and various donor/management reports and highlight any issues/ risks requiring the attention of management;
- Undertake regular financial analysis to ensure donor requirements are fulfilled and income/expenses have been to allocated to the correct project.
Administration of Donor Partnerships Revenues
- Ensure income recognition is done as per Swiss GAAP requirements for Management reports and cash basis for do nor reports;
- Analyze project expenditures to determine the amount to chargeback against the donor agreement;
- Ensure the preparation of monthly journal voucher to record the donor partnership revenue in accordance to the donor agreement and reconcile the revenue accounts;
- Calculate any interest earned on donor funds and adjust the revenue account accordingly; recommend adjustments to the Programme Administrator/ Accountant;
- Monitor the exchange rates fluctuations on each donor agreement and recommend adjustments to the project or program accountant if necessary;
- Review on a monthly basis, donor partnership portfolio reports to identify errors, discrepancies and variances and ensure follow-up is performed and necessary adjustments are processed;
- Review donor agreement files for closure action, ensuring that all donor requirements have been met, and follow up with the Finance & Admin Manager and Conservation Director;
- Assist Programme Administrators/Accountants with the closing of individual projects at their end dates;
- Ensure income recognition accounts as per Swiss GAAP are analysed on a monthly basis and do reflect a true and fair view of the revenue situation of the various projects.
Financial Audits, systems and Internal Controls
- Participate in the identification of business requirements for the development and enhancement of financial information systems;
- Identify specifications for reports related to donor partnerships;
- Provide assistance to external auditors conducting audits of donor funded projects;
- Participate in year-end processes by gathering sample documents, answering queries and providing reports/schedules on donor partnership revenues & expenses;
- Ensure the accounting system meets key requirements stated for reporting to key stakeholders, including segregation of donor funds and reporting to all donors;
- Ensure implementation of necessary financial controls and due diligence (review of periodical reports, frequent monitoring visits and internal audits, etc.);
- Support audits commissioned by the internal control unit.
General Financial Management Support
- Check project budget and cash availability on day to day transactions prior to final engagement of expenditure for
- the projects in her/his portfolio;
- Provide guidance and direction to field staff (Programme Administrators/Accountants and Programme Managers) on matters relating to the reporting and administration of donor partnerships;
- Support the Finance and Admin Manager and the Conservation Director in the review and development of policies and procedures affecting the administration of External funds;
- Assist the Finance & Admin Manager in the development of the financial accounting structure for complex projects and externally funded programs;
- Monitor cash flow projections for donor funded projects and programmes;
- Assist the Finance & Admin Manager in the preparation of Mid-year and year-end financial statements;
- Assist the Finance & Admin Manager in the preparation of regular and ad-hoc reports on donor for various stakeholders;
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures regarding electronic filing;
- Undertake other duties/assignments as required by the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Master's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field and/or supplementary training in programming and administration is an asset;
- 8 years of experience in financial management, which should have provided a good knowledge of Finance practices and procedures;
- Experience working with government and donors.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability in the fields of budgetary accounting, costing and accounting systems and practices;
- Demonstrated skills in the use of computerized accounting systems. Experience in using ERP system is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills (French and English) including the ability to rapidly acquire sound. knowledge of WWF financial rules and regulations(FOM);
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems effectively and achieve results;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Adherence to WWF's values, which are: Courage, Respect, Integrity & Collaboration.
Please download the document below