We are looking for a JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT who will ensure sound financial processes are in place, to deliver transparent accounting, accurate & timely cash flow management, timely, consistent and accurate financial reporting and analysis, maintenance of financial records... Deadline for applications: 20thJUNE 2020.
WWF - Salonga Program Coordinator
As part of the Salonga Program team, the Salonga Programs Coordinator will be responsible for all technical departments’ coordination of Salonga National Park under the supervision of the Park Director.
Partnerships and Fundraising
- Lead in the identification, establishment and coordination of key strategic partnerships, including local/international implementing partners and academic/ research institutions;
- Work closely with the WWF DRC and WWF national offices’ Fundraising and Communication teams to facilitate new funding opportunities including proposals writing and budget planning for submission to donors;
- Work with the WWF DRC Fundraising and Communication team to initiate events and products (including films et.) to raise the Salonga National Park’s profile nationally and internationally;
- Attend Partnership Coordination meetings in the Salonga Landscape;
- Have at all times an overview of the current project and financial situation of the Salonga program (running projects, pipeline etc.) to inform project negotiations with donors
Conservation Planning and Administration
- Assist in technical development and implementation of projects in the Salonga Landscape;
- Assist in program oversight and coordination, implementation, and administrative/financial management as requested by Salonga Director;
- Have an overview of the Environmental Social Safeguards Framework and follow up with its implementation in Salonga Landscape
- Assist in preparation of Terms of Reference for hiring of contracted staff and third parties towards project implementation
- Ensure monitoring of key partner activities and relationships (JUREC, Chengeta Wildlife etc)
- Participate in UGPNS events or those of partners as needed;
- Contribute to the review of financial and narrative reports in accordance with donor agreements;
- Ensure that both WWF Network and donors are aware of progress of activities and possible adaptive management, outside of the technical reporting cycles;
In full collaboration with WWF DRC and other WWF's national offices Communication teams
- Support the implementation of Salonga communication strategy and related communication materials and initiatives;
- Ensure that Salonga Website is fed with good stories emerging from the Park’s day-to-day life;
- Prepare status reports and communication packages with Communication team for Partnership members;
- Maintain open and fluid communication with WWF's national offices team and its partners.
- BA degree or equivalent in International Development, Business, Communications or related field.
- Over 5 years of relevant experience managing partnerships or grants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international donor’s desirable requirements, preferably EU, USAID, KfW, GIZ.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience in donor proposal development with partners is mandatory;
- General understanding of forest and wildlife ecology, and natural resource management principles is important;
- Good understanding of community-based natural resource management and rural livelihood issues;
- Experience working with government officials and donors;
- Strong administrative and financial management and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent people and project management skills to handle complex, multi-faceted projects, and to negotiate and resolve conflicts;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in French and English;
- Ability to live and work in remote and difficult conditions;
- Ability to live in multicultural context Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
- Adheres to WWF’s behaviours, which are: Strive for Impact, Listen deeply, Collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
- Affinity for nature conservation
For more Information, please, download the Document here below: