WWF is supporting the Government of Cameroon towards sustainable natural resources management, and development of green growth in TRIDOM Cameroon landscape, and the mission of the department is to ensure the development and implementation of the Jengi TRIDOM programme to the highest standards, in line with the WWF Cameroon Conservation Strategy. Deadline for applications: 10th March 2024.
The World Wide Fund for Nature seeks a Chief Accountant for its Republic of Congo Office
Support the Finance Administrative Manager in the delivery of corporate tasks and objectives, assuming responsibility for the completion of a range of duties designed to achieve the accurate and timely processing of WWF Congo Country Office’s financial transactions and the production of monthly statements.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations in the full spectrum of accounting services, including accounts payables, accounts receivable, application of cash receipts, accounts reconciliation, billing, monthly closing of accounts, bank reconciliation, forecasting, consolidation and year-end closing of account;
- Provide support for financial operations to be executed in accordance with the FOM, donors’ guidelines and ensure that proper and accurate accounting records are maintained at country level;
- Support the FAM in the budgeting and forecasting processes specifically related to WWF Congo Country Office core income and expenditures;
- Ensure monthly statements of accounts are maintained to allow the personnel responsible for the respective budgets to easily monitor work in progress and availability of funds;
- Manage the cash position of bank accounts and coordinate the financial closure for entrusted imprest accounts;
- Perform cash flow forecasting, working closely with the operations and project teams;
- Oversee the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, review monthly journal entries and the general ledger and coordinate the monthly and annual closing of accounts;
- Coordinate internal audits and liaise with external auditors performing audits;
- Prepare and send audit confirmation letters to partners or third-parties selected by Auditors;
- Reconcile payroll account balances (e.g. timesheets, direct deposits, wages attachments, benefits, voluntary and involuntary contributions, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of records and employee payments;
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed and, act as senior level resource for other members of the Corporate Accounting team on any matter related to general accounting operations;
- Drive initiatives to improve workflow and streamline the internal control processes to enhance efficiency and productivity;
- Coach, motivate and monitor the performance of staff supervised and initiate corrective action as required;
- Ensure timeliness of data entry and processing in the Trial Balance and monthly closing for all offices. Check on a weekly basis data entry for each field office and send systematic reminders to offices;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned or required.
Deadline for applications: 05th February 2024.
For more Information, please download the Document here below: