The Mechanic Driver is responsible for the over all maintenance and technical follow up of the status of all program vehicles and motorbikes. Ensure the efficient and cost-effective maintenance and repair of the Lobeke National Park vehicles, motorbikes and engine boats. Interested candidates are invited to send their applications by Friday, 25th of June 2021.
Call for applications on Forest and Landscape Restoration
Are you under 35 and living in West or Central Africa? Apply now to join an online course on Forest and Landscape Restoration (FLR) in collaboration with the Yale School of the Environment through its Environmental Leadership and Training Initiative (ELTI). Deadline to apply is 30 June.
The online course will run from 1 November to 19 December 2021 and will be offered in French. It aims at developing the skills and knowledge of young people to raise awareness on FLR and enable its implementation on the ground. The course will build the capacity, skills and networks of young practitioners and provide them with basic knowledge on the ecological, social and economic aspects of FLR.
The online course includes teaching materials, access to expert commentary and guided exercises to support the development of ecologically, socially and economically realistic restoration plans, which will be the main outcomes of the training programme. The course consists of weekly thematic modules with presentations, reading materials, case studies, live video conference discussions with experts, peer-to-peer exchanges, assignments and a final project.
- Be able to devote at least 8 hours per week to the course.
- Have access to a stable Internet connection to attend a live video conference of one and a half hours each week.
- Be able to receive and send documents in .doc and .pdf format, and to comment and ask questions by e-mail and online.
- Have a good knowledge of French.
- Have a university degree of at least 5 years in sustainable land and natural resources management, environment, or an equivalent degree.